IKM is excited to announce its Summer Internship Program for Summer 2019! This paid,10-12-week program in our Pittsburgh office strives to give each intern the experience of being fully integrated into our culture and make a difference along the way.
What you can expect from us:
Intern Match with a registered architect to provide mentorship and professional development support
Project Team match to learn our collaborative process for a specific client and provide exposure to skills in every AXP category
Participation in an IKM Innovation Lab, or special interest group, with which you will help assist to accomplish the group’s unique goals for the firm.
PechaKucha presentation: With the assistance of full-time staff, we conclude the summer with this creative exercise to strengthen intern’s public speaking skills by using the 20×20 rule on a topic unique to their personal interests.
What we expect from you:
Who: We are currently seeking individuals one (1) year away from graduation and pursuing a degree from an accredited architecture or interior design program.
What: Candidates are required to submit a resume and a design board illustrating what we should know about you, your passions, and your design chops.
Design Board Requirements:
- Size: One 18×24 inch board
- Think big (or small): Show us your most innovative/impactful/creative/useful design! This should not be a school project.
- Include a text component to guide understanding of design intent, process, concept, etc.
- All elements of design and narrative must be included on a single board for evaluation. No attachments or supplements, please.
When: Internship candidates will be evaluated and hired on a rolling basis. Early birds welcome!
- The deadline for Summer 2019 applications is Sunday, March 17th.
- Outstanding applicants will be asked to interview following an internal review of design boards. We prefer to meet in person, but we are happy to accommodate distance with a remote interview.
If interested, please send application materials to Katelyn Rossier at email@example.com.
IKM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).