Experienced Architect with CA Focus
IKM Incorporated is currently seeking a registered architect with 10-12 years of experience with an emphasis on construction administration on projects above $80M. This position will be a dedicated on-site construction administration role working directly with the client’s project team and the construction manager’s team.
- Must have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in partnership with all parties to provide support on the day-to-day processes related to managing project
- Experience in administering construction projects, renovations, and capital improvement activities including the development of tracking logs for submittals, RFI’s, field directives, change directives, change orders, and document release packages for multiple bid package fast-track construction.
- Must have strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and project management software.
- Attention to placed construction work and ability to spot error and inconsistencies with the design documents
- Ability to be a proactive agent for the design and an effective communicator of design intent to the build partner.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to follow and adjust CPM and pull schedules related to construction activities.
- Has previous experience in dealing with and handling contracts, participating in the bid process, and coordinating meetings
- Understands construction documents and become intimately familiar with a construction set prior to engaging the owner’s project team or construction manager
- Reviews and answers RFIs in a timely manner with the coordinated effort of the architectural production team and design consultants
- Review project submittals in a timely manner and ensure that contractors adhere to in both the specifications and the contract.
- Observes construction site through all phases of the construction process
- Produces field reports in a timely manner that document all observations
- Reports and coordinates solutions on construction related issues immediately with the architectural project team and consultants
- Use experience and knowledge base to solve construction issues in the field with the construction manager
- Bachelor of Architecture degree, Bachelor of Science in architectural engineering, Bachelor of Science in construction science, or a related field within the construction and building science industry
- Experience creating, answering or reviewing Submittals and/or RFIs
- Experience reading, understanding, and interpreting design intent of construction documents
- Experience interacting with owners, architects, engineers, designers, contractors and sub-contractors
- Experience dealing with expedited schedules and multiple bid package construction environments
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Software experience using REVIT, SketchUp, AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, MS Outlook and eBuilder project management software
Please submit your qualifications to email@example.com