IKM’s 2020 Internship Program
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][ultimate_spacer height=”15″ height_on_tabs=”15″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”15″ height_on_mob_landscape=”15″ height_on_mob=”15″][vc_column_text]
What you can expect from us
Professional Mentor: You will be matched with a registered architect to provide mentorship and professional development support.
Variety of Experience: As a part of a project team, you will learn our collaborative process, working for a specific client and provide exposure to various skills related to every AXP category.
Exposure to IKM Culture: You will be given the opportunity to participate in IKM’s many internal groups which strive to accomplish unique goals for the firm by experimenting with different technologies, improving the overall culture, and providing professional development opportunities.
Presentation Skill Development: With the assistance of your mentor, we conclude the summer with a Pecha Kucha. This creative exercise is used to strengthen your public speaking skills by using the 20×20 rule on a topic unique to your experience at IKM.
We are currently seeking individuals one (1) year away from graduation and pursuing a degree from an accredited architecture or interior design program.
Submission Requirements: Candidates are required to submit a resume, portfolio and a work sample illustrating how you design, how you think, and how you communicate that design.
Work Sample Requirements:
- Format: One 11×17 in portrait or landscape
- Topic: Past or present school project. Focus on a specific part of the project and highlight that design element. For example, the use of wind energy to impact your design.
- Include any renderings, sketches, diagrams, etc. to help communicate your design process. A text component should be provided to compliment the graphics. Keep it brief.
- All elements of design and narrative must be included on a single 11×17 for evaluation. No attachments or supplements, please.
Evaluation & Selection: Internship candidates will be evaluated and hired up until the application deadline.
- The deadline for Summer 2020 applications is Friday, May 1st.
- Submitted documents will be reviewed and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. We prefer to meet in person, but we are happy to accommodate distance with a remote interview.
If interested, please send application materials to Brian Karcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IKM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).[/vc_column_text][ultimate_spacer height=”15″ height_on_tabs=”15″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”15″ height_on_mob_landscape=”15″ height_on_mob=”15″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][ultimate_spacer height=”30″ height_on_tabs=”30″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”30″ height_on_mob_landscape=”0″ height_on_mob=”0″][vc_single_image image=”4294″][ultimate_spacer height=”10″ height_on_tabs=”10″ height_on_tabs_portrait=”10″ height_on_mob_landscape=”0″ height_on_mob=”0″][/vc_column][/vc_row]