The focus of this position is, through multiple platforms, to increase IKM brand recognition, promote our work and personnel, and position IKM staff as subject matter experts in market sectors identified by firm leadership. The individual will work in a collaborative team environment with marketing, business development, firm leadership and thought leaders. The Corporate Communications Coordinator must also have the ability to write creatively about IKM, capturing our message and our story. This written content must help those outside the firm see what is special about IKM and understand the strategic separators that make IKM Architecture unique. The candidate must possess successful, results-driven communications experience. He/she will use strategic public relations planning to create awareness and develop brand advocates.
The Corporate Communications Coordinator position requires one to be a well-rounded, nimble teammate with a desire to innovate and the ability to multitask with ease. The individual will approach integrated marketing communications projects operationally, analytically, creatively and resourcefully. A high level of professionalism, creativity and customer service skills are required for this position. The individual will contribute to the MBD team’s effectiveness, communicate openly, solve problems proactively, offer creative ideas, and work as a positive, engaged team member.
- Superb storytelling skills that address the needs of a variety of audiences
- Critical thinker with high attention to detail and organization
- Proficient with Excel, Word, InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint. WordPress, and Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including editing and proofing
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in an organized, efficient and effective manner that results in clear understanding and action
- Graphic layout skills
- Possess a strong understanding of media/public relations, social media, and content development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public and Media Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Experience in the A/E/C industry preferred but not required
- Track record of successful relationships with reporters and media outlets and have successfully placed stories in local and national publications
- Successful experience developing and managing comprehensive strategic communications to advance the mission, brand, and goals of an organization
Please submit resume to email@example.com.