Our Cleveland location is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for a purposeful Business Development Manager to join in that growth. IKM Architecture is a 110-year-old, award winning architectural design firm with offices in Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. IKM also has on-the-ground presence in Columbus, OH and Tampa, FL.
IKM is focused on the following market sectors: Healthcare, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Workplace, K-12, and Civic/Cultural market opportunities.
MANAGER OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – CLEVELAND
The primary focus for the Manager of Business Development is to develop new business opportunities in IKM’s defined markets throughout Ohio. This is to be accomplished by growing the firm’s new client base through a combination of market research and analysis, personal networking, cold calling, trade show participation, participation in industry organizations and events, and other activities as deemed necessary for success. This position is based in Cleveland. Salary based on experience. Salary range is $85,000-$120,000.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Position reports to the Director of Business Development/Marketing/Communication.
- Position contributes to and helps to maintain the enterprise-wide CRM database.
- Maintains existing and new opportunities in our CRM database.
- Responsible for proper attendance by IKM staff at networking events (as necessary), tradeshows, golf-outings, client events, etc.
- Works with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator(s) to have effective engagement tools and messaging for initial contact meetings and follow-up meetings, trade shows participation and trade show follow-up, and meetings to introduce IKM thought leaders to new potential clients.
- Organizes and delivers annual business development training for enterprise-wide staff.
- Develops and executes initiative-taking tradeshow planning and follow-up plans for each tradeshow attended.
- Develops target list of tradeshows to attend each year.
- Makes initial contact with potential clients and builds relationship to a point where it can be handed off to an IKM Principal or Associate as the content expert and relationship manager.
- Assisting in developing business development goals for Associates with the Director of BD/M/C
- Coaching and mentoring staff to further the development of BD skills.
- Participation in a board position/committee position in at least one industry/market sector organization
- Work with principals and associates to establish follow-up planning activities for business development contacts.
Research & Communication Responsibilities
- Develops and updates strategic plans for the IKM market sectors for the Cleveland Office. Does this in conjunction with the Ohio Principal, Market Sector Leaders, and the Director of Business Development/Marketing/Communication.
- Research and identify institutional master plans and potential capital projects, through market analysis and information gathering.
- Research and identify emerging trends in current market sectors.
- Participation in IKMs Strategic Initiatives Group(s)
Skills & Experience:
email to apply
- Purposeful, organized collaborator
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative-taking and self-directed
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience in A/E/C business development, management, customer service, or related field
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilized Deltek as CRM platform
- Fluent communicator with face-to-face interactions as well as phone and email interactions.