Director of Finance Job Summary
IKM Architecture is looking for an exceptional individual to fill a new role that is crucial to the growth of our enterprise. Our Director of Finance will design and operate a finance and accounting infrastructure to advance our corporate mission and support our CFO with the financial insight necessary to inform the strategic growth of the organization.
Director of Finance is responsible for both day-to-day, and long-range financial matters and to establish company-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices, which support fiscal responsibility one of our core values. The Director of Finance will be responsible for: establishing financial control systems that record and monitor the flow of revenue through the organization, maintaining the integrity of invoicing, accounts receivable, and payable accounts, documentation of required financial reporting, and monitoring cash flow across all operations.
Director of Finance will also oversee and provide weekly reporting to the Executive Management Group (EMG) of all operational accounting aspects, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, and financial reporting. This role will also oversee elements of human resources associated with insurance coverages, financial withholdings, and adjustment to benefit programs related to changes in staffing, of modification to benefit plans. This includes participation in the planning, and implementation of associated HR benefits programs, policies, and practices.
The Director of Finance reports directly to the CFO but is also accountable to other members of the EMG especially the corporate President/Managing Partner related to fiscal management and human resource areas that have financial implications to the organization. The Director of Finance will be expected to provide reports on company finances as requested by the EMG and will supervise the accounting staff.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Director Of Finance Duties & Responsibilities
email to apply
- Works in conjunction with IKM’s outside accounting consultant to develop and implement accounting policies, coordination of systems and procedures, and the preparation of operating data and special reports as required including interim and year-end financial statements. Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and
- Develops an overview outlining the capability of IKM’s accounting and CRM software, Deltek Vision. An evolving proficiency in Deltek Vision will be central to the success of the Director of Finance
- Establishes, coordinates, and administers an executable plan for the control of operations including profit planning, programs for capital investing and financing, marketing & business development forecasts, expense budgets and cost
- In conjunction with the President/Managing Partner, coordinates, reviews, and endorses departmental budget
- Tracks actual performance versus operating plans and industry standards, and reports and interprets the results to the equity
- Provides for the control and editing of all company invoicing, to ensure conformity to established policies and procedures, and to facilitate data control and retrieval of records generated by these
- Works with IKM’s outside accounting consultant and CFO to establish and administer tax planning policies and Coordinates the preparation of year-end income tax returns for the equity shareholders and with outside accounting consultant.
- Supervises and coordinates the preparation of reports to government Includes monitoring compliance with all applicable laws and government entities, including but not limited to the Department of Labor, Department of Revenue, County Assessor, Department of Tax and Fee Administration, and, FEMA, Department of Homeland Security, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- Provides project managers and department leaders with financial information necessary to carry out their assigned
- Coordinates the management and maintenance of accounting computer systems with IKM’s outside Information Technology
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control and auditing
- Works in conjunction with the CFO to establish and execute programs for the provision of required capital for business Coordinates the long-range fiscal strategy of the enterprise, assesses the financial requirements implicit in the plan and develops alternative ways in which financial requirements can be satisfied.
- Manages the cash-flow position of the Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies and to establish schedules for the payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Reviews agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for products or services and other actions requiring a commitment of financial
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the CF Administers banking arrangements and loan agreements. Maintains adequate sources for the company’s current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports, including monthly distribution of financial packages to the Board of Directors and
- Oversees the granting of credit and the collection of accounts due the company, including supervision of required special arrangements for
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements and maintaining records. Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications as needed
Director Of Finance Requirements & Skills
- Considerable experience in accounting related to business operations, including management and accounting for accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintenance of a general ledger, credit, collections, and
- Experience in implementing and maintaining internal controls, processing payroll, budgeting, costing, and financial statements preparation and
- 7-1O years of financial management and accounting Experience with professional service firms preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or finance is A CPA credential is preferred. An MBA in finance is also preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets and
- Experience in supervisory and human resource roles.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and Deltek
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to inspire, train, and develop people in a professional setting