Manager of Business Development – CLEVELAND
IKM Architecture is looking for a goal oriented, team player to join our growing Cleveland Office. IKM Architecture is a 110 year old, award winning architectural design firm headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Servicing design clients in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Science & Technology, Workplace, K-12 and Civic & Cultural market sectors.
The primary focus for the Manager of Business Development is to develop new business opportunities in IKM’s defined markets. This is to be accomplished by growing the firm’s new client base through a combination of market research and analysis, personal networking, cold calling, trade show participation, participation in industry organizations and events, and other activities as deemed necessary for success.
This position works collectively with the Marketing Coordinator(s), Corporate Communication Coordinator(s), Architectural Illustrator(s), Director of Business Development / Marketing / Communication, as well as the Principals and Associates of IKM. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Position reports to the Director of Business Development/Marketing/Communication.
• Position builds and maintains the company CRM database.
• Maintains existing and new opportunities database.
• Responsible for proper attendance by IKM staff at networking events (as necessary), tradeshows, golf-outings, client events, etc.
• Works with the Marketing & Communication Coordinator(s) to have effective engagement tools and messaging for initial contact meetings and follow-up meetings, trade shows participation and trade show follow-up, and meetings to introduce IKM thought leaders to new potential clients.
• Organizes and delivers annual business development training for officewide staff.
• Develops and executes proactive tradeshow planning and follow-up plans for each tradeshow attended.
• Makes initial contact with potential clients and builds relationship to a point where it can be handed off to an IKM Principal as the content expert and relationship manager.
• Assisting in developing business development goals for EP and Associates with the Director of BD/M/C
• Coaching and mentoring EP and Associates in their development of BD skills with the Director of BD/M/C
• Participation in a board position/committee position in at least one industry/market sector organization
• Work with principals and associates to establish follow-up planning activities for business development contacts.
Research & Communication Responsibilities
• Develops and updates business development strategic plans for the IKM market sectors yearly for the Cleveland Office markets. Does this in conjunction with the Market Sector Leaders and the Director of Business Development/Marketing/Communication.
• Research and Identify institutional master plans and potential capital projects, through market analysis and information gathering, to target for business development activities.
• Research and identify emerging trends in current market sectors in conjunction with the Director of Business Development, Marketing and Communications.
• Participation in IKMs Strategic Initiatives Group(s)
Skills & Experience:
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
• Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
• Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
• Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of previous experience in A/E/C business development, management, customer service, or related field
• Demonstrated and proven sales results
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Utilized Deltek or other CRM program
• Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IKM is seeking an architect that has market sector experience, business acumen, communication and client relationship skills, aesthetic sensitivity, and technical competency.
Candidate has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsized projects. Prepares strategic plans for project success. Responsible for the coordination of all project efforts, administrative and technical, to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Actively manages client budgets, schedules, and program; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts.
Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited program, plus 8 years of experience. Registered architect preferred. Compensation is commensurate with your experience.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
Graphic Designer (Pittsburgh or Cleveland Locations)
IKM is looking for an accomplished graphic designer to change the trajectory of our graphic communication initiatives and raise our brand identity through high impact graphic messaging across all of the firm’s market sectors. This will include work in digital and offline media. The focus of this candidate will be to deliver brilliant creative solutions that communicate our story.
Requirements of the Position:
A degree in graphic design is preferred, although other art and design subject concentrations may be accepted depending on experience and quality of portfolio. Candidates should be power users of Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe products including InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop. This role requires a high level of collaboration with other design professionals and while working with other marketing, communications, and business development professionals to produce proposal, marketing, story telling & branding content. This position is deadline oriented and requires strong time management and organizational skills. This position is part of a collaborative, critique based environment. Candidates must me able to contribute and thrive in a crit based model of evaluation.
Responsibility of the Position:
Responsible for providing graphic design expertise and oversight in the production of proposals, graphic content, competitive presentations for work, and marketing/storytelling collateral for both digital and offline sources. The position will work closely with the marketing/communications coordinator, and professional design staff. The graphic design position reports to the Director of Business Development, Marketing, & Communications. The position will support graphic communications efforts across multiple office locations and market sectors.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished artwork through a combination of hand developed content and digital production solutions.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by consulting and development of graphic content.
- Communicating with staff and firm leadership about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphic and layout content for product illustrations, company logos, and websites communication.
- Review of preliminary and pre-final layout work through collaborative firmwide engagement and critique.
References, portfolio, & work history required
Please submit your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace Strategy Lead
IKM Architecture is a multi-faceted professional design/consulting firm who strives to improve the human experience throughought our entire enterprise. IKM is developing a new service line that focuses on Workplace Strategy. The Workplace Strategy lead will be the senior member of the team and will be integral in developing the specifics of the services offered. Initially this position will be, in collaboartion with the Marketing Department, responsible for the development of objectives, services, and execution of a business development plan for the Workplace Strategy Service Line. Once implementation of the service is established, the workplace strategist will be responsible for serving the client base by gathering statistical data and analyzing the balance of people, place and process in the workplace for the purpose of developing solutions to assist clients in achieving their workplace goals, increase productivity, and improve cost efficiency. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer
Specific Responsibilities Will Include:
- Integrate people, place and process with design solutions
- Engage with clients to gather data and performs research and strategic analysis of factors that affect the workplace (i.e. employee work patterns, communication, process integration, organizational culture, workplace effectiveness).
- Combine multi-faceted elements including design thinking, human behavior modeling, visualization tools, and syntheses strategies to frame and solve client challenges.
- Gather information into proposed solutions and recommendations; provide detailed data and findings that support the proposed solutions.
- Work with clients to develop solutions for the project’s short and long-term workplace goals.
- Identify how workspaces influence human behavior and identify potential barriers to human performance in the workplace.
- Understand leading edge approaches to workplace and is connected to industry knowledge leaders in this arena.
- Actively participate in professional networks and industry groups to stay up to date on relevant industry benchmarks and best practices in workplace strategy and design.
- Recognize the critical synergy between workplace and business in a way that helps clients leverage the connection.
- Continuously review and conduct on-going research on workplace strategies.
- Is a subject matter expert. This will include authoring papers on strategies or making public presentations.
- Create project deliverables in line with scope of work.
- Manage own workload and coordinate with others for project support.
- Make presentations and interact with clients on a regular basis.
- Engage in initiatives to enhance practice tools and resources.
- Ability to navigate confidently between the worlds of design and business, in some cases, across multiple projects.
- Hold a firm grasp of how research guides and inspires the innovation process (with a specific interest in services). Willingness and aptitude to stretch firm thinking on design research best practices
- Fully identify and engage strategic client partnerships and projects
- Write (or assist in writing) portions of proposals and attend client interviews.
- Build this service into a profit center
- Develop and maintain a project pipeline for future business development
- Research, develop a Business Development Plan for the service line in conjunction with the Director of Business Development,Marketing and Communications and Business Development Manager.
- Execution of business development plan-Lead in recruiting support staff for this service line
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, behavioral psychology, design or equivalent
- 5-7 year min. experience in workplace strategy consulting
- Project management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Can bring value to expanding a delivery tool set.
- Knowledge of workplace design principles and strategies.
- Knowledge of business development practices / client management skills a plus
- Intermediate documentation and field observation skills.
- Reasonable understanding of relationship between workplace design and its value to business.
- Strong presentation, written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
Resumes, writing samples, and workplace references should be forward to the IKM Architecture Office Manager, Marcella Mastay. The email address for the office manager is email@example.com.
IKM is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the social aspirations of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.